Note: Since HHC 2012 is over, the information on this web page is obsolete, but it is kept online as a record of the event.
Since the conference will be held at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Brentwood near Nashville, most attendees will stay there. This facilitates socializing after hours, comparing programming techniques while lounging in the hotel’s indoor whirlpool, and so on. You may stay at another local hotel if you wish, but then you will be on your own, and you will have to travel to the Holiday Inn for the conference.
To reserve a room at the Holiday Inn at the special HHC 2012 rate, either
(1) use this HHC 2012 Special-Rate link by September 4 for Sept 21-23 only: HHC 2012 Reservations - Holiday Inn Express, Brentwood TN, or
(2) call them (see details below) if you need additional days or if the link doesn’t work.
Special HHC Rate: $85 per night (plus taxes) for FRI-SUN September 21-23 only by website (see above), or, if you need to reserve additional days before and/or after September 21-23, and want to get the special rate, you must call (615) 221-5001 direct by September 4 and ask for Harmoni, and mention HHC 2012 to her to get the special rate. After the September 4 deadline, you can still try; Harmoni might be able to extend the special rate for you.
Contact Richard J. Nelson if you have any questions or hotel issues.
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
5566 Franklin Pike Circle
Brentwood, TN 37027
Front desk: (615) 221-5001
Brentwood Holiday Inn Express
MealsThe hotel offers a complementary “continental” breakfast (see photo above) from 6:00 am to 9:30 am. The hotel does not have a formal restaurant. Breakfast will be cereals, Danish, bagels, scrambled eggs, etc. It will not be a large, full breakfast. Note that a Waffle House (open 24/7) is about 100 feet away and Panera Bread Company (open 6 AM – 9 PM) is 100 feet away, both of which serve breakfast foods too.
Evening meals Friday and Sunday may be at several very close walking distance restaurants at the Shoppes of Brentwood Hills mall.
Lunch and dinner on Saturday, and lunch on Sunday, are in the conference room, and are included in the conference fee.
Transportation between Hotel and AirportMost people will arrive at the Nashville International Airport (BNA).
The Holiday Inn is 13.8 miles southwest of the airport. There is a free shuttle that will take you to and from the Hotel.
Map of airport, hotel, and Griffin Technology.
The Shoppes of Brentwood HillsThis shopping center is located adjacent to the HIE hotel as seen in the photo below.
Here is an undated descriptive Internet article by “Abby”:
“There are still some open spaces in the development, so it’ll be interesting to watch this list grow. For now, this is what you have to pick from.
- Target – Everyone knows what a Target store has to offer, so I won’t go into that. I will point out that inside this store you’ll find a Starbucks and a Pizza Hut.
- Panera Bread – soups, sandwiches, bagels, and breads. They also offer Wi-Fi if that’s your thing.
- Qdoba Mexican Grill – I can’t pronounce this one, but I’ve been there. They offer burritos, nachos, tacos, and salads.
- Cold Stone Creamery – top off your dinner with some interesting ice cream. You won’t find these flavors in your grocery store!
- Fulin’s Asian Cuisine – contemporary Chinese atmosphere and upscale food.
- Sun Tan City – for those who don’t want to use the tanning beds, they offer the Mystic Tan option for a “safe” tan.
- Diva Nails – Want to get a manicure after shopping? You won’t even have to move your car.
- EB Games – I do not know anything about video games – there are a lot of them here. I guess that’s a good thing.
- Valene Boutique – I haven’t had the opportunity to visit the shop, but I hope to be there this weekend. If I’m lucky I won’t spend too much money.”