Most HHC 2014 attendees stayed at the official HHC 2014 hotel, the Hyatt Place Hotel near Reno-Tahoe International Airport (RNO) in Reno, Nevada, USA. Reservation information appears below. Click the hotel link above and then "VIEW PHOTOS" (just below the big banner photo) for lots of hotel photos with 360° scrolling!
Having an official conference hotel facilitated socializing after hours, arranging carpools, comparing programming techniques while enjoying either the indoor pool or the outdoor whirlpool, and so on. Because enough rooms were reserved, the hotel waived the fee for the conference room, which in turn reduced every attendee’s conference fee.
The special HHC 2014 rate was $99 per night (plus 13% occupancy tax), single king plus sofa bed, or double queen plus sofa bed. This special rate was available only until September 5 for HHC 2014 attendees and their families only for the nights between September 18-23, 2014.
The following items were provided at no additional charge:
- Hot breakfast daily in the Gallery Café (M-F 6am-9:30am / S-S 6am-10am)
- High speed wireless internet service throughout Hotel
- Round trip airport shuttle service (4:30 a.m. – 12 midnight)
- Self parking
- Use of the 24-hour Fitness Center
- Use of the indoor pool and outdoor Whirlpool
- Complimentary use of the e~center which provides two computers and a printer
ReservationsThe special HC 2014 rate expired after September 5th.
- New complimentary a.m. Kitchen Skillet,™ featuring freshly prepared breakfast sandwiches, waffles, French toast, pancakes and steel cut oatmeal, is available daily in the hotel's Guest Kitchen weekdays 6:00am - 9:30am, weekends 6:00am - 10:00am.
- Every craving is satisfied at any time of day with the hotel's new Gallery Menu, Fresh 24/7.
- Bakery Café offering Starbucks® specialty coffees, freshly baked pastries, premium beer, wine and cocktails.
- Grab ín Go case featuring snacks, salads, sandwiches and a variety of bottled beverages.
When What Where Cost Comments Friday Dinner TBA $$ Optional pre-conference dinner for early arrivers Saturday Breakfast Hotel ∅ Complimentary at hotel 6am-10am Lunch At conference ∅ Hosted by HP Dinner At conference Sunday Breakfast Hotel ∅ Complimentary at hotel 6am-10am Lunch At conference ∅ Hosted by HP Dinner TBA $$ Optional, but most of us will be there Monday Breakfast Hotel ∅ Optional post-conference breakfast for late departers
Complimentary at hotel 6am-9:30am
Transportation between Hotel and AirportThe hotel offers FREE shuttle service to and from Reno-Tahoe International Airport (RNO), from 4:30am through midnight* every day. Just call them at 775-826-2500 and ask for the shuttle.
* The hotel's website and PDF documents say that their airport shuttle runs from 4:30am through 12pm. "12pm" is ambiguous. Please note that the shuttle actually runs until midnight.