Since the conference will be held at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Brentwood near Nashville, most attendees will stay there. This facilitates socializing after hours, comparing programming techniques while lounging in the hotel’s indoor whirlpool, and so on. You may stay at another local hotel if you wish, but then you will be on your own, and you will have to travel to the Holiday Inn for the conference.
The special HHC Rate this year is $119 per night. If you include all the taxes and fees, it comes to $139.65 per night.
To reserve a room at the Holiday Inn at the special HHC 2017 rate, use the HHC 2017 Special-Rate link in the box below before the deadline of August 25, 5:00 P.M. for any day or days between Sept 14-19 only. The link only offers the HHC discount for days in that range. If you need any days outside that range, call Cassie McMillion (Sales Director) directly at the hotel: (615) 221-5001. She might be able to extend the HHC discount to additional days.
N.B. Don't wait until the deadline, because the number of available rooms is very limited, and they may sell out before the deadline arrives.
Contact Richard J. Nelson if you have any questions or hotel issues.
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
5566 Franklin Pike Circle
Brentwood, TN 37027
Front desk: (615) 221-5001
Brentwood Holiday Inn Express
Free "Express Start" Breakfast Bar
MealsThe hotel offers a complementary buffet breakfast (see photo above) from 6:00 am to 9:30 am. The hotel does not have a formal restaurant. Breakfast is eggs, omelets, bacon and sausage, cinnamon rolls, etc. It will not be a large, full breakfast, but it looks pretty good. Note that a Waffle House (open 24/7) is about 100 feet away and Panera Bread Company (open 6 AM – 9 PM) is 100 feet away, both of which serve breakfast foods too.
Evening meals Friday and Sunday may be enjoyed at several restaurants within easy walking distance, at the Shoppes of Brentwood Hills mall whose parking lot is adjacent to the hotel.
Lunch and dinner on Saturday, and lunch on Sunday, are in the conference room, and are included in the conference fee.
Transportation between Hotel and AirportMost people will arrive at the Nashville International Airport (BNA).
The Holiday Inn is 13.8 miles southwest of the airport.
PLEASE NOTE: Call hotel for shuttle information. The hotel shuttle will have an "HHC 2017" sign. Unfortunately, the shuttle service ends at 3:00 PM on Friday. For later pickup on Friday, call Richard Nelson or another Committee member, and we will find a volunteer attendee to help.
Map of airport and hotel.
The Shoppes of Brentwood HillsThis shopping center is located adjacent to the HIE hotel as seen in the photo below.
Here is an undated descriptive Internet article by “Abby”:
“There are still some open spaces in the development, so it’ll be interesting to watch this list grow. For now, this is what you have to pick from.
- Target – Everyone knows what a Target store has to offer, so I won’t go into that. I will point out that inside this store you’ll find a Starbucks and a Pizza Hut.
- Panera Bread – soups, sandwiches, bagels, and breads. They also offer Wi-Fi if that’s your thing.
- Qdoba Mexican Grill – I can’t pronounce this one, but I’ve been there. They offer burritos, nachos, tacos, and salads.
- Cold Stone Creamery – top off your dinner with some interesting ice cream. You won’t find these flavors in your grocery store!
- Fulin’s Asian Cuisine – contemporary Chinese atmosphere and upscale food.
- Sun Tan City – for those who don’t want to use the tanning beds, they offer the Mystic Tan option for a “safe” tan.
- Diva Nails – Want to get a manicure after shopping? You won’t even have to move your car.
- EB Games – I do not know anything about video games – there are a lot of them here. I guess that’s a good thing.
- Valene Boutique – I haven’t had the opportunity to visit the shop, but I hope to be there this weekend. If I’m lucky I won’t spend too much money.”