Most HHC 2019 attendees will stay at the official HHC 2019 hotel, the Hyatt Place Hotel near Reno-Tahoe International Airport (RNO) in Reno, Nevada, USA. Reservation information appears below.
Having an official conference hotel facilitates socializing after hours, arranging carpools, comparing programming techniques while enjoying either the indoor pool or the outdoor whirlpool, and so on. If enough rooms are reserved, the hotel will also discount the fee for the conference room, which in turn reduces every attendee’s conference fee.
The special HHC 2019 rate is $147.77 per night (all taxes and fees included), single king bed with shower, or double queen beds with shower/tub combo.
All rooms include a "Cozy Corner sectional sofa sleeper", a mini-fridge, and a single-serve coffee maker. If you want a microwave oven in your room, you can't reserve one ahead of time, but if any are available you may order one upon arrival.
This special rate is available only until August 29 or until they run out of vacancies (whichever comes first) for HHC 2019 attendees and their families, and only for the nights between September 19-23, 2019. If you need a night before or after that, contact the hotel at the phone number given below; they might give you the special rate for those nights too. It's worth a try.
The following items are provided at no additional charge:
- Hot breakfast daily in the Gallery Café (M-F 6am-9:30am / S-S 6am-10am)
- High speed wireless internet service throughout Hotel
- Round trip airport shuttle service (4:00 a.m. – 12 midnight)
- Self parking
- Use of the 24-hour Fitness Center
- Use of the indoor pool and outdoor Whirlpool
- Complimentary use of the "e-room" which provides two computers and a printer
Reservations(1) Online: Click this link and enter your arrival and departure dates: https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/nevada/hyatt-place-reno-tahoe-airport/rnoza?corp_id=G-HPHH
(2) Phone: Call their toll free number at 1-888-492-8847, and advise the Reservation Agent that you need to make a group reservation at "Hyatt Place Reno-Tahoe Airport" under group code G-HPHH.
All reservations must be guaranteed with a major credit card. Guests must cancel their individual reservations at least 48-hours prior to the 3 p.m. date of arrival to avoid a penalty charge of the first night's room and tax.
Contact Richard J. Nelson if you have any questions or hotel issues.
MealsThe hotel features an in-house breakfast nook. Most conference attendees will eat breakfast there.
When What Where Cost Comments Friday Dinner TBA $$ Optional pre-conference dinner for early arrivers Saturday Breakfast Hotel ∅ Complimentary at hotel 6am-10am Lunch At conference ∅ Included in conference fee Dinner At conference Sunday Breakfast Hotel ∅ Complimentary at hotel 6am-10am Lunch At conference ∅ Included in conference fee Dinner TBA $$ Optional, but most of us will be there Monday Breakfast Hotel ∅ Optional post-conference breakfast for late departers
Complimentary at hotel 6am-9:30am
Transportation between Hotel and AirportThe hotel offers FREE shuttle service to and from Reno-Tahoe International Airport (RNO), from 4:00am through midnight* every day. Just call them at 775-826-2500 and ask for the shuttle.
* The hotel's website and PDF documents say that their airport shuttle runs from 4:00am through 12pm. "12pm" is ambiguous. Please note that the shuttle actually runs until midnight.